Do you have one of those areas in your home that is just wasted space and you don't really know what to do with it? Well, I do. Mine is right at the top of the stairs on our second level. It's bare, it's awkward, it's not welcoming, and it's mocking me.
I've also got this words painting (if you can even really call it that) that I did for my husband last year. It's just been chilling out on a ceiling ledge not really living up to it's full potential...
And I also have a really great side table that used to be ugly, brown and chipped and my husband painted it black and white to go with our color scheme. Here is my new little wall space, what do you think?
"I'll stand up with you forever." on the side of the painting is actually taken from the lyrics of our wedding song, Your Guardian Angel by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.
Another angle of the wall space. What do you do with your awkward spaces? I would love to hear your ideas! xoxo
OMG, you are not going to believe this. So, my husband and I make bets all the time, normally, the stakes are small, like, if you lose you have to do the dishes or something. But THIS time, we decided it was time to raise the bar. Long story short, my husband lost our bet on who was getting kicked off The Bachelor, so I am proud to tell you I get to transform his "Man Cave" (which is really our guest bedroom/walk-in closet) into a WOMAN COVE. Like, I am seriously making the entire room into a CLOSET. Yes, that's right, woman heaven. A real dressing room. We're talking evening dresses as focal points and jewelry as art work. Clothing racks where our flat screen used to be and chandeliers where there used to be viking ships. My husband is weeping as we speak.
How lovely and unconventional is this??
This room is absolutely DRIPPING with Hollywood Regency, a-dore.
Not big on the colors/wall treatment of this room but I love the mirror and the way they display the shoes!
This room is flawless. And I love the clothing racks in the back, it reminds me of a modeling shoot.
And we all know where this is from :)
If you could transform your guest room into a dressing room what would you include?? Would love to have your ideas! xoxo
Celine Kaplan, the Executive Director of Public Relations at Eres (a premier swimwear and lingerie company owned by Chanel) has shared her closet with The Coveteur, and I think I might have actually reached a state of euphoria while perusing the feature. Celine is a PR maven who has made her mark in the luxury fashion world due to her obvious personal style and extensive knowledge of the industry. Can we say, dream job?
I'm dying for a vintage phone like this, it's so "Carrie" on SATC!
A colorful bouquet of....purses!
Ahhh, the classic Chanel tweed. How I love you.
Jewelry passed down from Celine's fashionable mother and grandmother, presented on a silver tray. I hope my daughter does this ♥
Balenciaga heels, THE Birkin bag, and the most classic Hermes cuff of all time. *sigh*
Love. it. all.
Chanel rings on a mini Eiffel, Parisian perfection.
Glam glam glam.
Lets all take a moment of silence here to appreciate the magnificence of this grouping of Chanel handbags.
Leah from the Belle Epoque blog awarded me the Stylish Blogger Award! So sweet! She's a lovely new blogger and has great insight into the fashion world per her modeling experience and all-around great style. Thanks again, dah-ling!
In order to accept this award I am asked to do the following: Thank the blogger who awarded you, share 7 things about myself, award recently discovered fabulous bloggers, contact the bloggers I award and inform them of the award.
7 Things about me? Sure, why not.
1. I have two closets - one for shoes/accessories & one for clothes/handbags. Doesn't everyone?
2. I am slightly obsessed with rearranging, redecorating and reorganizing my home. I am kindof a change-freak, so I get bored easily and love to find little treasures at second hand stores and redoing them! Below is a trunk I redid, it used to be a rusty green color.
3. I love pretty much anything that glitters. (This was on the *disclaimer* portion of my marriage certificate.)
4. I journal almost every week. It's how I get my thoughts sorted out, and also how I devote time to God.
5. I looove to eat out at nice restaurants. And even though I love to cook, I could eat out 6 out of 7 days of the week and be perfectly content.
6. I like people watching. Not in a creepy way, but more in a "see and be seen" way. Observing the unique fashions and lifestyles of other people.Still creepy? Ok, moving on...
7. I reaaaallly want a teacup puppy (less than 5 lbs full grown), but the puppies I want are upwards of $2,000.00 so my husband is reigning me in. I told him I would buy a cheaper puppy...but little does he know that I am eyeing the "Chewy Vuitton" doggy bed for my little furry fashionista.
Ok - now your turn! Tell me something about you! xo
In the world of fashion, you almost always want the real-deal, but when it comes to fur, well...you just have to fake it. My husband and I went to this fabulous second hand store close to our house and I found this ah-mazing vintage faux-fur coat! I was so excited because I've been looking for one for a while now but knew I wanted a short one and they are so hard to find!
The coat is actually very heavy and warm and the inside is red which adds a bit of glam.
The sleeves are three-quarter sleeves which is perfect for showing off pretty accessories!
Akira Chicago silver quilted chain handbag.
Vintage Silver Alligator Sasha shoes
BCBG Maxazria Dress
The collar on this coat is BEYOND amazing. It reminds me of the opening scene in Funny Girl when Barbara Streisand walks backstage in her big-collared fur coat and says "hello gorgeous". Classic. Yes, I'm a huge Babs fan ;)
Want to check out more of this faux-tastic trend? Go to WhoWhatWear for more.